Kendra has been creating art ever since she could hold a pencil and has shown an interest in game development since she picked up her first controller in the early 1980’s. From the fine arts to the technical arts, and game development to interactive media, Kendra has been using these tools her whole life.
Professionally, Kendra has been working in the interactive media and game development field since she graduated college in 2006. She has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Game Art and Design and is now teaching as an Adjunct Professor with Game Design, Photoshop and Illustrator classes.
Kendra has devoted the majority of her life to the field. Besides teaching, she founded a game developer networking group in Youngstown, Ohio in December 2014 and was the leader of the group through December 2017. She gives speeches on game development to students and peers at colleges and high schools and volunteers as a mentor for graduating seniors to help them with their final projects.
During her free time, Kendra enjoys working on her own indie game prototypes and works as a freelancer for other game developers and interactive media. She also writes articles on game development for other blogs and for her own websites:
- eim-games.com – an indie game developer blog
- youngstowngamedevelopers.com – a game developer news and resource website
- mwcustomcomputergear.com – a custom PC blog (currently under branding re-design, sorry for the mess)
- kcindiegamedesign.com – a digital media and game graphic design blog (currently under branding re-design, sorry for the mess)
- Flash / Animate
- After Effects
- Character Animator
- Media Encoder
- Experience Design (beta)
Spine is 2D animation software for games.
- One Drive
- One Note
- Bing Analytics
- Google Analytics
- Google DFP
Unity is a 3D and 2D game engine.
Lunar Magic is a WYSIWYG Mario World level editor for the PC.
RPGMaker is a WYSIWYG 2D role-playing game editor and game engine.
Construct 2 is a WYSIWYG 2D game engine.
Unreal Engine is a 3D game engine.
Buffer and Hootsuite are both social media management software.
Trello is a project management and collaboration app.
WordPress is a free and open-source content management system based on PHP and MySQL.
Slack is a team collaboration app.
- Concept Art
- Video Games
- Production Art
- Web Design
- Camera Operations
- Video Editing
- Game Design
- Graphic Design
- Game Art
- Blog Publishing
- Blog Writing
- Social Media
- Social Networking
- Character Design
- Game Concepts
- Event Planning
- Live Streaming
- Show Production
- ActionScript 3
- PHP (WordPress)
Cuyahoga Community College • Adjunct Professor Aug 2017 through Present – Cleveland, OH (Remote)
- Teach online courses using Blackboard
- Teach classes on game design and game development
- Teach classes on Photoshop and Illustrator
Youngstown Vindicator • Web Media Specialist Jan 2017 through Present – Youngstown, OH
- Video recording, editing, effects, production and publishing
- Livestream Studio Show Director / Producer
- Post live show short producer
- Live Show effects production
- Live Show graphics production
- Web Marketing graphics
- Web advertising marketing placement
- Web ad strategist
- Google Analytics strategist
- Email marketing strategist
- Edit and create commercials for special events and products by the Vindicator
- Edit and create video shorts for social media and show promos
Youngstown Game Developers • Founder Dec 2014 through Present – Youngstown, OH
- Manage events, monthly meetings, public relations, member services and sponsors.
- Is the Lead Organizer of the group, in charge of finding funding and sponsors.
- Started the group with 3 members and helped it grow to more than 100 in just 18 months.
- Works with Youngstown State University to host the monthly meetings and various events at the McDonough Museum on campus.
- Designs and develops the child theme of the WordPress website, using minor PHP modifications, CSS and HTML design layout for youngstowngamedevelopers.com.
Eimear Studios • Indie Game Developer Feb 2012 through Present – Boardman, OH
- Designs, programs and creates the art, programming, UI/UX and marketing assets for Android, PC and Web games.
- Designs and develops a theme of WordPress, using minor PHP modifications and CSS and HTML design layout for the website eim-games.com.
- Takes on various freelance graphics for other studios and clients
- Study and research the game development industry and latest trends
Minuteman Press • Senior Graphic Designer Aug 2017 through Jan 2017 – Boardman, OH
- Design print marketing graphics, logos, variable data and documents for clients using Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Word and Excel.
- Works with clients to turn their ideas into a printed medium for marketing to their consumers.
- Worked on various digital media versions of print graphics
- Manage the print shop, customer service, recording orders, counting cash drawers
- Managing other graphic designers on the team
Austintown Local School District • Media Tech Aug 2013 through Aug 2014 – Austintown, OH
- Managed the press releases for the entire school district.
- Filmed football games from the sidelines and edited footage for airtime.
- Updated the school district’s websites using Photoshop, HTML, CSS and the School Pointe content management system admin to adjust the school’s colors to their proper Hex codes.
- Was the admin for the school’s Drund networking application, which included teaching teachers how to use the software through tutorials and it help requests.
- Created a “how to” video to help the teachers learn how to create their own Google Web pages.
- Rebranded the school district with a new mascot,
- designed and created various brand gear including pole banners, custom indoor fence covers, motivational posters for the senior class of 2014, various logos for the different schools and programs.
- Wrote email press releases that were distributed to the local media using Google Docs.
Univision Network • Media Designer Apr 2010 through Aug 2011 – Phoenix, AZ
- Designed logos and icons using Illustrator and Photoshop to be transferred to television broadcasts and websites.
- Edited and created commercials using Adobe After Eects, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Created bump-ins, lower thirds and various other broadcast animations for television air time using Adobe After Eects, Flash, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Operated on-air studio cameras, on-air sound board, on-air teleprompter and on-air layer eects display.
Dynamic Worldwide Prod. • Interactive Designer Apr 2009 through Nov 2009 – Tempe, AZ
- Created and programmed ActionScript 3 Flash tutorials for Juniper Networking Systems training classes.
- Worked on a team to design the website, ideas for projects and to design the logo for DWWP.
- Filmed commercials and created Juniper Networking tutorial instructional video cut-ins using Adobe Flash.